Most holiday seasons I find myself buying new ornaments in a new color scheme for the DTBD studio tree. But this year I decided to put to use all my past color schemes and create an ombre christmas tree. It was simple and made a BIG statement in the room.
Here are a few of my tree decorating tips:
- Gather your tools before starting. (see image below)
- Place your tree in a spot where you can enjoy it while lounging or watching TV. Avoid placing it directly in front of a TV as the glare/reflection in the TV can be distracting.
- Dark green pipe cleaners are a good alternative to christmas ornament hooks.
- Place down a thick blanket and unpack and gather all your ormanats in a workspace close to the tree.
- Create your tree layout on a flat surface before actually placing them on the tree.
- Place lights on first, followed by ribbon, large ornaments and then smaller ornaments.
- Remember a good tree plays with depth so place items way deep and in the forefront.
I dare you to be domestic!