No party makes me more happy than a housewarming of friends. This past weekend Chris and Taryn warmed up their new home with 40+ of their closest friends. I knew they were both creative individuals but their home revealed the love they have for style and each other.
Take note of the custom aprons made by yours truly and a few tips to make your next Housewarming party rememberable. Enjoy!
5 Fun Housewarming Party Ideas
- If you need a certain item for your home - theme your party after the gifts you want. For my move into my studio, I needed lots of pots for my rooftop garden so I hosted a "Pot Party". All guests gifted me pots which together we filled with plants in my garden.
- Make it a potluck and make it a contest. Everyone loves a little competition. You provide a great prize and your guests will bring their "A" game with the food.
- Have a Brunch! Have your housewarming a little earlier than norm and serve breakfast food. Mimosas for everyone!
- Host a craft party. Nothing gets folks talking and having fun like crafting. all you need is a large table, craft supplies and lots of drinks!
- Take crafting to the next level and have a painting party. Need your hallway painted? Call your friends. You provide the food they provide the labor!
I dare you to be domestic!